Develop forms with the Form Builder and include them them as Extensions in Tableau Dashboards
With the Form Builder as part of the M2 Tableau Toolbox, you can design input screens via a web interface and include them as extensions in any Tableau dashboard. You can use the forms to write data directly from the dashboard back to the data source using a writeback mechanism.
Short Summary – This is the Form Builder
- Develop forms with the Form Builder and include them as extensions on Tableau dashboards. No programming skills are required.
- The Form Builder is hosted on site to avoid security problems caused by external connections.
- The Form Builder provides a kit of simple elements that can be combined into flexible forms for your Tableau dashboards.
- In the forms, randomly SQL queries can be executed against all popular JDBC-compliant databases. The queries are parameterized with the context of the Tableau Dashboard and can write to the database.
- Optional security features allow you to prevent unauthorized use of forms.
- The Form Builder can be hosted on-premise, in the cloud and as a SaaS solution.
Use Form Builder to make your dashboards more interactive and direct:
- Easily display comments or feedback processes on the dashboard
- Visualize forecast inputs live
- View surveys and results on a dashboard without delay
- Lead discussions without tool changes
- Perform data maintenance and corrections without database knowledge
- Filter- and context-dependent ticket processing
Before and After – the possibilities of Extensions
- Tableau dashboards visualize only data read from an underlying data source
- The dashboard only reflects the current state (status of the static data in the called database)
- The user cannot make any changes to the data in real time
- In order to enrich or update the data, further tools such as Excel must be used
- The end user can visually explore and update the data (e.g. add comments, change values)
- Extensions with input masks to change the underlying data can be embedded in the dashboard
- Changes to the data are sent to the database and are copied from the database.
- Changes are instantly reflected, results and Tableau dashboard views are customized
Overview of the Form Builder Functions
- Create Forms
You operate the Form Builder via a web interface on which all forms are created and managed. The forms are created using a simple editor that provides all necessary elements.
- Include Forms
The forms are downloaded directly from the Form Builder as Tableau extensions in TREX format and can then be easily integrated into the Tableau dashboard.
- Using Forms
Each form extends your Tableau dashboards with the ability to write to the database to reduce tool breaks and simplify processes. You can use the forms with all common databases (Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle).
The design of each form can be individually adapted to the target dashboard via custom CSS. For the dashboard user, the form embeds itself seamlessly.
The Form Builder comes with its own individually configurable security concept. This ensures that write access to the data source is only possible in the designed context of the dashboard.
The Form Builder can be found in the Tableau Extension Gallery or in the AWS Marketplace as part of the M2 Tableau Toolbox.
M2 offers the Form Builder either in the cloud as a Software-as-a-Service solution or in your local infrastructure.
- Further functions and services
New features and bugfixes through regular updates
M2 Support by German and English Helpdesk
If required: Support with the introduction and implementation of your use cases
Do you have questions about the Form Builder or concrete application scenarios? Then do not hesitate to contact us: